The PSG was formed in 2001 to produce agreed forms of documents and procedures for Scottish commercial property transactions. Over time our work has expanded to include residential documentation as well.
Note to Users: Viewing PSG documents on the website
Please be aware that when viewing the PSG documents on the website before downloading, in some documents some of the numbering is not correctly displayed. This is a “view-only” issue. When you download the document in Word, the formatting is correct.
Another new addition to our suite of offers – Offer to Enter into a Minute of Variation – has now been added to the website, along with accompanying Guidance Notes.
We have added a new version of the Deed of Servitude, having modernised some definitions and updated the interpretation clause.
A new version of the Offer to Grant a Lease has been added, changing the definition of “Rent Deposit” to “Deposit” and adding in references to electronic extracts.
A new addition to our suite of offers – Offer to Accept a Renunciation – has been added to the website, along with accompanying Guidance Notes.
A new version of the Offer to Grant a Lease has been added, to incorporate a minor change to the definition of “Rent Free Period”.
A new version of the Renunciation has been added, with an additional clause to flag the VAT position.
A new page has been added to the website with the 8th Edition of the Certificate of Title and its accompanying documents and guidance notes.
The 7th Edition page will be maintained on the website for a short period for users who still need to access the previous Edition.
A comparison between the 7th Edition and 8th Edition Certificate has been included to help users to identify the changes easily.
The Offer to Sell with Vacant Possession, the Offer to Sell Investment Property and the Optional Clauses have all been updated, along with their respective Guidance Notes.
Office Leases: the Permitted Use definition has been updated to reflect the new Use Class.
All of the PSG Leases have been updated to a new version, along with an updated version of the Guidance Notes.
- All leases: the Repair clause has been amended
- Retail and Food and Drink leases: the Permitted Use definition has been updated to reflect the new Use Class
- Food and Drink leases: the new Use Class has been added to the Additional User Provisions in the Schedule
We are currently updating the definition of Permitted Use in the Food & Drink and Retail Leases to take account of changes to the Town & Country Planning Use Classes Order. From 31 March 2023, Classes 1 and 2 will be replaced by a new single Class 1A.
The Additional User Provisions in the Schedule to the Food & Drink Leases will also be amended.
- v13 Deposit Agreement
- v5 Offer to Grant a Lease
New versions of the following documents are now live on the website:
- v11 Certificate of Title
- v25 Due Diligence Questionnaire
- v11 DDQ guidance notes
- v24 Offer to Sell VP
- v26 Offer to Sell – Investment
- v9 Rent Review Memorandum
Please take note of the following new uploaded content referring to the Register of Overseas Entities:
• Guidance Notes (see under “Overseas Entities” section of the website)
• v4 of offer to grant a lease
• v23 of offer to sell – vacant possession
• v25 off offer to sell – investment
(each offer updated with suggested ROE content)
Please take note of the following new uploaded content:
• v1.5 of the MCL suite of leases along with an Explanatory Note and refreshed Guidance Notes
• Fees undertaking with Guidance Notes (see the “Undertakings” page)
If you experience any difficulty in navigating this website or accessing documents, please contact a member of the PSG for assistance.
- Winner of the Outstanding Achievement Award at the Scottish Legal Awards in 2021;
- Project Team of the Year award at The 5th Cuthbert Scottish Legal Awards in 2007;
- Highly Commended in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards in 2006;
- Innovation in Legal Services Award at The Firm Law Awards of Scotland in 2005.